News and comment
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
The external links on this page will take you to other sites which are not connected to the regulated site of . Neither nor
BBC Business News
- Personal data being shared on huge scale, claims Which?
Sat, 21 Jan 2017 00:13:36 GMT
Personal and financial data is being sold for as little as 4p an item, according to Which?
- Red button
Fri, 20 Jan 2017 22:10:43 GMT
Bankruptcy is now available online rather than in court. Is this the end of the stigma?
- Empathy and education
Fri, 20 Jan 2017 21:54:30 GMT
A Davos cocktail party may not, at first, seem like the ideal place to teach people to understand those with whom they disagree, but that's what some academics are doing.
- Sterling falls on weak retail sales data
Fri, 20 Jan 2017 17:18:59 GMT
News of a sharp fall in UK retail sales last month hits the value of the pound, while the FTSE 100 ends slightly lower.
- Crunch time for Fox's Biscuits after takeover approach
Fri, 20 Jan 2017 17:03:13 GMT
Fox's Biscuits could be bought for £350m after owner confirms takeover approach.
- Australian Open 2017: Johanna Konta beats Caroline Wozniacki to reach last 16
Sat, 21 Jan 2017 06:10:07 GMT
Britain's Johanna Konta beats Caroline Wozniacki in straight sets to reach the fourth round of the Australian Open.
- Theresa May congratulates Trump on taking office
Sat, 21 Jan 2017 05:27:33 GMT
Theresa May says she looks forward to meeting the new US president and expects "very frank" talks.
- Rigopiano avalanche: Ten found alive in Italy hotel after two days
Sat, 21 Jan 2017 05:05:45 GMT
Three were pulled from the snow overnight, bringing the total number rescued to eight.
- Presidential inaugural ball: Trumps enjoy first dance
Sat, 21 Jan 2017 05:00:02 GMT
President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump have the first dance at the inaugural ball.
- Donald Trump begins overhaul as first executive orders signed
Sat, 21 Jan 2017 04:50:31 GMT
Donald Trump targets Obamacare and swears in top security staff in his first hours as president.